We are happy to announce that we will be featuring electronic bidding for all Temple Beth Sholom Blintz Brunch Silent Auction Items. Bidding will be done via your phone, tablet, or computer. Bidding will begin Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 12:01 am and conclude Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 2:00 pm. Make sure you check back often, before and after Blintz Brunch and get ready to bid high and bid often!
Some perks of hosting our silent auction online is that you may bid from anywhere, at anytime before the close of the auction. Also, you can set up to receive notifications if you are outbid and the bids update in real time – you do not have to refresh your phone / tablet / computer.
- All bidding will be done via mobile device. There will be no paper bid sheets.
- To ease auction registration, register online or send us an email before the event.
- You can set up alerts to notify you if you’re outbid on an item by putting something on your “Watch List”
- You can set a maximum amount for an auction item and the system will automatically increase your bid incrementally up to that amount if you are outbid.
- There will be volunteers at the Silent Auction to assist guests with bidding. Look for them in the light blue shirts.
- If you do not wish to bid using your mobile device, there will be a laptop available during Blintz Brunch and a volunteer can assist in placing bids.
- You may also place a “high bid” also known as a proxibid with our Silent Auction volunteer. We will have forms available for you or you may CLICK HERE to print a form(s)
- Just as we would at a silent auction in person, the online auction will continue if there are two or more people bidding on the same item, back-and-forth at closing time. The time for that item will be extended for two minutes. If two or more bidders are continuing in a “bidding war” the time will be extended again, and so forth until there is an ultimate winner.
- By having the time extension in place, it also reduces the chance of “snipping bids” which are when someone comes in, right at the last minute, and places a bid to win. We want to give everyone a fair opportunity to win the item of their desire, while raising much-needed funds to support the mission and vision of Temple Beth Sholom.
- All auction items have a value attached to them and a starting bid with proportional increments. Only bids which follow the bidding increments will be counted.
- Items purchased do not include shipping. We will use the most economical way to ship and send an invoice with the item. All those items that are picked up at Temple after the Auction closes will not have any additional handling fees.
- All winning bidders will be notified by email at the conclusion of the auction
- The email will list the items you have won and your donation total. You will be given an opportunity to make an additional donation at that time and indicate how you would like to pay
- Credit Card / Debit Card / PayPal are accepted electronic forms of payment. Please note there is a 3% ACH transaction fee charged by PayPal and added to all invoices paid in this manner.
- If you would like to pay for winning items by check or cash, please indicate this by replaying to the Invoice Email confirming the total donation and approximate time of arrival to remit payment and pick up auction items.
- All winning bidders will be notified by email at the conclusion of the auction – Sunday, May 2 in the evening.
- Volunteers will be at the Temple the week of May 3 so you may come pick up your winning items.
We appreciate you.